Your Resident Blogger

My photo
I'm a 32 year old mother of 2 fantastic little boys, ages 5 and 10. I'm a retail lackey who dreams of running away to San Francisco where I'll live on my trust fund and take photographs of the city all day.

Currently Reading

  • Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Movies You Should Check Out

  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • The Good Shepherd

Rocking My iPod This Week

  • Eminem
  • Hinder
  • The Fray

Categorically Speaking...

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Somedays I Love My Life!

Given the crazy state of my world as of late, it's been really easy to get down on myself and my life. After watching the devastation of Hurricane Katrina on the television and listening to people talk about how they have lost every material possession they have, they can't find their family, and are barely alive themselves, though, I realize that I should be grateful for what I do have. I have a house to go home to when I have a chance to grab a couple hours of sleep. I have a lot of junk to treasure. I know where my immediate family is at all times, and I can find the rest of them pretty easily. And though it might not feel like it most days, and I am ALIVE.

This past week I got the chance to spend some quality time with Matt's family, and it really hit me how grateful I am to have them in my life. They have taken me in and made me a part of their family - even though Matt & I are not married or anything. For the past 8 and a half years, they have made me feel like one of them. Matt's parents treat me and spoil me like I am their daughter, Matt's brother picks on and protects me like I am his little sister, and Matt's nephew and niece see me as "Aunt Jen". I can't think of a single thing that I ever did to deserve such love from people who don't have to do anything for me, but whatever I did, I'm sure glad that I did!

No comments: