Your Resident Blogger

My photo
I'm a 32 year old mother of 2 fantastic little boys, ages 5 and 10. I'm a retail lackey who dreams of running away to San Francisco where I'll live on my trust fund and take photographs of the city all day.

Currently Reading

  • Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Movies You Should Check Out

  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • The Good Shepherd

Rocking My iPod This Week

  • Eminem
  • Hinder
  • The Fray

Categorically Speaking...

Thursday, September 01, 2005

My New Hair

Last night I splurged on myself, and I had my hair professionally colored at a salon. Since I have long, thick hair, salons have always quoted me outrageously high prices to do anything to my hair, so I have always just ponied up the $16.99 or less that it takes to purchase a box of hair dye and done it myself. However, the JCPenneys salon in the mall was offering $10 off any new client service and they quoted me $55 for an all over color job. So I decided why the heck not! Shanie was so much fun and she did such a great job on my hair! I'll have to take a picture of it to show everyone. It was hysterical how excited SHE was getting over it - you would have thought that it was HER hair! LOL She was awesome. Then to top it off, today they are having a 10% color sale, so she gave me that discount, too! After tip, I spent $50, and I couldn't be more excited about my hair!

Although, before I went in, I was so excited at what I was doing that I locked my keys in the car! Ugh. Not cool. That's the second time in about 3 weeks. I ended up having to pay $35 to have a tow company come out and let me in. I could have called Matt, but I would have ENVER heard the end of it! LOL So now it's just our little secret, okay? So shhhhhhh!

Speaking of Matt - he has YET to notice the new bright red color of my hair! I just want to shake him and say, "Notice anything different?". LOL I'm trying to refrain so that I can see how long it takes him to notice. I bet his mom will notice first thing when we see her later today. Heck, my bartender at work noticed the minute he saw me last night! Oh well. I love it, and I notice it, so that's all that really matters!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well how long did it take him to say something? MEN! lol