Your Resident Blogger

My photo
I'm a 32 year old mother of 2 fantastic little boys, ages 5 and 10. I'm a retail lackey who dreams of running away to San Francisco where I'll live on my trust fund and take photographs of the city all day.

Currently Reading

  • Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Movies You Should Check Out

  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • The Good Shepherd

Rocking My iPod This Week

  • Eminem
  • Hinder
  • The Fray

Categorically Speaking...

Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Thanksgiving Recap

So Thanksgiving went pretty well this year. I had to work Wednesday night, which sucked since it meant I didn't get home until 8am Thursday, but bygones. I made everything from scratch this year (except the cranberries...I love me some canned cranberries! LOL), and it all turned out pretty good. In addition to the turkey, our menu included:

Sour Cream & Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Sausage Stuffing
Green Bean Casserole
Cream Biscuits
Cranberries
Pumpkin Pie

Not too shabby. Of course, we watched football all day, too! While preparing dinner, I somehow managed to slice my finger open on a can. It was pretty sweet...bled for a half an hour, even with the whole direct pressure-hold it above your heart business. I probably should have had a stitch or 3 put in it, but where's the fun in that?

And, of course, I hit the day after Thanksgiving sales bright and early! I was at Wal-Mart by 5am. Go team! This year I only went to Wal-Mart, Staples, and Target. I was home by 7:30! I almost got into a scuffle at Staples when some guy attempted to steal one of my items I was in line to purchase, but I put him in his place rather quickly. No one messes with my bargains!!

No comments: