Your Resident Blogger

My photo
I'm a 32 year old mother of 2 fantastic little boys, ages 5 and 10. I'm a retail lackey who dreams of running away to San Francisco where I'll live on my trust fund and take photographs of the city all day.

Currently Reading

  • Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Movies You Should Check Out

  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • The Good Shepherd

Rocking My iPod This Week

  • Eminem
  • Hinder
  • The Fray

Categorically Speaking...

Thursday, October 20, 2005

People Drive Me Nuts


There are days when I really wonder why I even try to maintain some friendships. Ever have days like that? "Friends" who apparently can't be bothered to be friendly to you are bugging the crap out of me lately. You send them an "How goes it?" IM and they don't answer - then after awhile they just go offline. You send them an email and you get a 3 word response 47 days later- if they respond at all. Christ. It's enough to make me want to throw the computer out the damn window. I don't have a ton of friends in my area, so I depend on the friends I've made online to be there when I could use a conversation or even just a "Have a nice day". I understand that people have their own lives and can be busy - believe me, I am plenty busy myself - but would it really kill that "busy" friend to simply reply "I'm busy now, but can we chat later?" or a "Can't talk now, but hope your day is going well!"?? Surely one can take 3 seconds to type out that simple response. I don't know. Maybe I expect too much from people. Don't get me wrong, this isn't representative of all my online buddies! There are a number of them that stay up way too late chatting with me (and you know who you are!), but then there are some that just make me wanna scream, "WTF have I ever done to offend you???". Sigh. I guess even if I did scream that, I STILL wouldn't know - seeings how it would require an actual response and all.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

oh boy...I feel ya girl! I hope you know I love ya and I'm always here for you. If it ever appears that I'm online and no one answers it's because I'm ghetto...or my husbands online and he doesn't want to hurt any of my friend's feelings and say the wrong thing (he's done that before). LOL Big hugs and I'll always talk with you (ps/ I miss our late night chats! :) )

Unknown said...

love the bunny :) and yep.. I know the feeling.