Your Resident Blogger

My photo
I'm a 32 year old mother of 2 fantastic little boys, ages 5 and 10. I'm a retail lackey who dreams of running away to San Francisco where I'll live on my trust fund and take photographs of the city all day.

Currently Reading

  • Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Movies You Should Check Out

  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • The Good Shepherd

Rocking My iPod This Week

  • Eminem
  • Hinder
  • The Fray

Categorically Speaking...

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

My FANTASTIC Weekend!

**Some of you may have read most of this over at ScrapHappy101, but I did add some new details in here for you!**

Matt sent me on a "Mommy Time" mini overnight vacation in Billings so I could get my new tattoo done and have some "me time".

I got to Billings Saturday around noon and checked into my hotel, then I headed over to Tattoo Art. I got this rockin' tribal design with purple violets around my ankle - and it is black light reactive! When black light hits my tattoo, the flowers glow! I also got my eyebrow pierced, which is something I have wanted to do since I was in high school. Then to cap off the visit, Adam (my artist) took some measurements and such of my ear. I have 2 cartilage piercings that I had done at the mall back in high school that I've never liked because they aren't even and go through at odd angles. So Adam was going to make me a custom spiral to put through the holes to make the odd stuff look like it was done on purpose.

After all that (3 and a half hours!), I went and did some shopping and got some dinner. Just as I got back to the hotel, my friend Mary that used to work with me in Bozeman (but now lives in Billings) called to invite me over to see her new house and her husband and kids. So I went over and she & I went out for drinks after the kids went to bed.

We had a blast! She's been moved away almost 3 years, so we had a lot of catching up to do! We went to a couple of different bars, played some pool, and talked. I really miss having girlfriends close by! Time just flew by, too - I finally melted back into bed, exhausted, around 3am! LOL Apparently, I'm getting too old for all this partying! When my alarm went off at 9am I could barely get myself out of bed.

After I checked out of the hotel, I went back over to Tattoo Art to finish up with my ear. First of all, Adam had to regauge my ears. THAT sucked. Stud guns (like they use in malls) are typically 18 gauge, but the jewelry I was putting in was 14 gauge. So we had to put in a taper to get the new jewelry in. Ugh! My ear throbbed for the rest of the day! LOL I could actually feel my heartbeat in my ear! It was worth it, though, because I think it turned out sweet!

Adam is such a great guy. I had an absolute fabulous time at the shop chatting with him and Nicole, a trainee there. They are so nice and genuine. It didn't seem like I spent a total of 6 hours there! Both Adam & Nicole are totally easy to talk to and we seem to have enough in common that the conversation isn't totally awkward, either.

But the best part of the weekend...
...
...
...
Are you ready for this??
...
..
.
ADAM GAVE ME A PAIR OF MOTLEY CRUE TICKETS!!!!!!

Ack! I LOVE Motley Crue! I had been so bummed that I wasn't going because the cheap seats were $80, but now tonight, Matt & I get to go to the Motley Crue show - excellent seats, for free!

I had SUCH a great time this weekend.
Tattoo & Piercings: $200
Hotel Room: $54
Gas: $45
Great Friends and Motley Crue Tickets: priceless!

No comments: