Your Resident Blogger

My photo
I'm a 32 year old mother of 2 fantastic little boys, ages 5 and 10. I'm a retail lackey who dreams of running away to San Francisco where I'll live on my trust fund and take photographs of the city all day.

Currently Reading

  • Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Movies You Should Check Out

  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • The Good Shepherd

Rocking My iPod This Week

  • Eminem
  • Hinder
  • The Fray

Categorically Speaking...

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Where's the "Real" Programming??





I hated reality tv. No, really. I resisted and resisted and resisted some more. After all, everyone knows that reality tv is rarely "real", right? I didn't even watch Survivor until 5 seasons or so had gone by. 2 seasons of American Idol went by before I tuned in "just to see that mean guy rip the losers apart during the auditions". Sigh. What happened to me? I now fill my television viewing time with (in no particular order): Survivor, American Idol, The Real World, Road Rules, Real World/Road Rules Challenges, Laguna Beach, Battle of the Network Reality Stars, Celebrity Fit Club, The Surreal Life, Tommy Lee Goes to College, Gene Simmons' Rock School, Iron Chef America, and Miami Ink. Sheesh. Whatever happened to the days of Friends and Law & Order? What happened to the "real" programming?

And don't even get me started on my soap operas.....

No comments: