Your Resident Blogger

My photo
I'm a 32 year old mother of 2 fantastic little boys, ages 5 and 10. I'm a retail lackey who dreams of running away to San Francisco where I'll live on my trust fund and take photographs of the city all day.

Currently Reading

  • Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Movies You Should Check Out

  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • The Good Shepherd

Rocking My iPod This Week

  • Eminem
  • Hinder
  • The Fray

Categorically Speaking...

Friday, August 26, 2005

Old Friends

Why is it that we always lose track of the most wonderful friends? There are so many people that touched my life back in high school that I over the years I have sat and wondered, "What ever happened to..." Now 7 years later and thanks to Classmates.com, I have been able to find a handful of them again. But that isn't good enough for me. I kick myself for not taking the initiative to find them (or better yet - not have lost them in the first place) sooner. I've missed out on some profound experiences by selfishly thinking that people would just seek me out. If there is only one thing anyone will ever listen to me say, then I would like it to be this: hang on to the people you care about and don't let years go by without telling them how much they mean to you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know how you feel and its so true and even as you get to be my age.. (40's) you feel this even more as you lose track of people along the road..but I guess thats life. If you stay in one place its not so bad but if you do a lot of moving its easy to get lost out here.