Your Resident Blogger

My photo
I'm a 32 year old mother of 2 fantastic little boys, ages 5 and 10. I'm a retail lackey who dreams of running away to San Francisco where I'll live on my trust fund and take photographs of the city all day.

Currently Reading

  • Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Movies You Should Check Out

  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • The Good Shepherd

Rocking My iPod This Week

  • Eminem
  • Hinder
  • The Fray

Categorically Speaking...

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

School Daze

So today was the first day of the new semester. It was one of the most depressing things I've done in quite awhile! I'm taking 20 units this semester, which (for those of you who don't know) is to f***in' much. That's in addition of course to working between 25 and 40 hours a week for my own personal dictator (if Hitler and Mussolini ever had a child it would be my boss, hands down) and being a mommy. Compounding the issues are the professors of my classes. Today I went to the first 4 of my 7 classes. One class is only worth 1 unit, but the teacher is teaching it as a 3 unit class - complete with a 3 unit workload. One teacher believes that for every unit a class is worth, a student should spend 3 hours outside class on homework - great...that's 12 hours of work. Yet another expects a 5 page research paper - EVERY two weeks. And finally, the government is sucking my time through a federally mandated class which is way to intense for a 2 unit class. Yes I am whining, and no I don't intend to suck it up and die quietly. Dylan Thomas (a wise, wise man) once said that we should "rage, rage against the dying of the light" and rage I shall. I can hardly wait to see what the 3 classes I have tomorrow bring. (Yeah, insert big, steaming pile of sarcasm here.)

PS - For those of you who were concerned about my missing friend - he has been found. My spidey sense was absolutely correct, and he was in the hospital. Nothing too serious, just a bad reaction to his medication. He's feeling better now, and I am way relieved to know that he is okay!

No comments: