Your Resident Blogger

My photo
I'm a 32 year old mother of 2 fantastic little boys, ages 5 and 10. I'm a retail lackey who dreams of running away to San Francisco where I'll live on my trust fund and take photographs of the city all day.

Currently Reading

  • Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Movies You Should Check Out

  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • The Good Shepherd

Rocking My iPod This Week

  • Eminem
  • Hinder
  • The Fray

Categorically Speaking...

Saturday, January 14, 2006

My Heart is Back!

I am so thrilled that I finally get to say these words: Tyson is home! I have waited for this day for so long that it's hard to even talk about it - like if I say it out loud it will all disappear like a dream. He seems to be doing so well, and he looks infinitely better than the last time I saw him! I know that he still has work to do on everything, but it seems like he is definitely going in the right direction. I hope that he will never fall down again, but if somehow we find ourselves in that position, I'll be there to help him back up.

It's weird how you don't realize how much something is taking up mental space until it's not there anymore. I've been so preoccupied the past few weeks with worry and fear for Tyson and his well-being that today I felt like I was missing a part of me because I didn't have to hold onto that fear in my heart any longer. I knew where he was, and I had already been able to see him, touch him, and hear him. It was a little late, but I finally got the only thing I asked for at Christmas!

I want to thank everyone again for the thoughts and prayers that were left both here and privately. I couldn't have made it through this whole crazy ordeal without them! The compassion that you all extended to a complete stranger was nothing short of overwhelming to me. So thank you!

2006 is shaping up to be a great year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news! So glad to hear things are going better.

Cami said...

Yay!!! 3 Cheers for Tyson!
I know what a weight this is off your mind & I'm very super happy for you both.
I wish Tyson all the best as he travels this difficult road to recovering.
Luv ya, Jen :)
Huggles! Cami